Do you know about the wonders breastfeeding can do to your baby?
Human breast milk is the safest and the healthiest food which provides all essential nutrition that your baby needs for the first 6 months after birth. It contains all the vital components in the perfect quantity. The breast milk changes in volume and composition according to the time of the day (morning, evening or night), age of the baby and frequency of nursing. It helps the baby in getting healthy and grow right. Breast milk also promotes mental development in babies which later help them in achieving a higher IQ level.
Breastmilk helps the baby ‘s body in developing his immune system to fight against various diseases.
It protects the baby against:
- Type 1, 2 diabetes
- Sudden infant death syndrome, SIDS
- Pneumonia and other respiratory infections
- Cough and cold
- Gastrointestinal illness(vomiting, diarrhea)
- Constipation digestion issues
- UTI (Urinary tract infection)
- Middle ear infection
- Heart diseases liver diseases in adulthood
- Certain childhood Cancer
Benefits of BREASTFEEDING for Mother
- Breastfeeding (BF) helps in postpartum healing.
- It helps in burning 500 extra calories every day thus helps in achieving the pre-pregnancy weight.
- Frequent skin to skin contact during breastfeeding helps in enhancing the emotional bond between mom and baby
- Breastfeeding soothes the baby as every time the baby takes the feed, the mom gets a surge of the bonding hormone Oxycontin which provides a soothing effect to the baby.
- Mums who breastfeed their baby are less prone to diabetes, osteoporosis, breast ovarian uterine cervical cancer
Not only this breastfeeding your child is way more convenient as compared to giving formula milk to the baby. It can be fed anytime anywhere so one gets saved from the hustle of preparing it from time to time. Breastmilk is always at the right temperature, clean and free of cost.
CONCLUDING NOTE :
Try to give only breastmilk as it is the best gift a mother can give to her child which will stay with him/her throughout his/her life in the form of strong immunity and lot many other health benefits as discussed above.